Sunday, September 13, 2009

PLN6

We all remember the day, maybe some remember it better than others, I'm talking about 9/11. I read a story called "Some Colorado 9/11 events slated" By The Denver Post, and it made me think of the effect that 9/11 had on my life. 9/11 was the day America was attacked. The day America stood still. It was the day America was attacked on out own land. This affects all of our lives because we are now fighting a war in Iraq and Afghanistan. And for many of us, we know someone who may be in Iraq fighting a war and we want them to come home safe. Or, for some of us, like me, you are looking to enlist in a branch of the military and you may be over in Iraq fighting in that war. But you probably want to know why we are there in the first place. And one of those answers is 9/11. 9/11 had an affect on many. Everyone was shocked at the outcome that had come that day. For some, they didn't even realize what happened until about a month after it happened. And it is one of the many things that have motivated me to join the US Army once I am of age. And it may has affected many emotionally if not physically. Many people were hurt in this attack and many have lost friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment