Tuesday, September 8, 2009

PLN5

I read an article called "The New Literacy" by Clive Thompson and it was about how technology is having an affect on our learning. And technology is taking off as we know it. This makes me think about the effect this has on me, and it also made me think of two other videos I’ve seen. They both can point out the good and bad of technology. However, I disagree with some of the things from Clive Thompson... He said "Facebook encourages narcissistic blabbering," and I think he's kind of making Facebook look like a bad thing which I do not believe it is. When I need homework help, I can log onto Facebook and there is probably someone there online to help me get through with the homework! But technology is very helpful too, like Dr Wesh said, every time we tag a picture or type a link, it teaches a computer an idea. Technology has come so far and it is still growing. We even learn from it, and changing things for us, like Thompson said, "technology isn't killing our ability to write, it’s reviving it." We have come so far and I do not believe it will stop here. It will grow, almost grow dangerously.

No comments:

Post a Comment