Tuesday, October 20, 2009

PLN16

Today, I read a article on my Google Reader and it was called "Pilot fired after alcohol test seeks reinstatement" by The Associated Press which was about a pilot who appeared to be drinking on the job. This matters to me because I don't know about you, but i don't want a drunk pilot flying my plane!! Alcohol is a intoxicating drug that should not be consumed while operating machinery. Especially, a plane!! This can be brought into the world too. If the pilot was intoxicated as he flew a plane, he could crash and if he was to crash into a city, that would kill the passengers, and many many others. The damage would be very very large too. This article shocked me and what some of the pilots of the US is like. I am glad they tested the pilot and he got fired.

1 comment:

  1. I agree! It puts everyone in danger. It's like a drunk driver, but having a few hundred passengers! I think some pilots feel like if they're in the air, the chances of meeting with another plane is very rare. They think it is danger free. But that is not the case! One can easily get disoriented and crash the plane. I think this is a horrible thing and I, too, am glad that he was fired! What do you think is worse: drinking and driving where there are many other innocent drivers all around you, or drinking and flying when you have several hundred innocent strangers all around you?

    ReplyDelete